AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone normal?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

beanplanter
Posted 7/3/2015 10:02 (#4659364 - in reply to #4658930)
Subject: RE: Anyone normal?

Missouri

Worst year I've experienced, by far. An older guy compared it to 1951... had to let him know my dad wasn't even alive then so he was going to have to tell me a little more about it. I remember the flood of '93 and raising some 9bu beans in '12, but '15 might get locked in the memory as having one or two days that were fit for planting.

What hay I have cut rotted in the field or got put up looking like some kind of funky looking bedding. The clover regrowth looks like you stunted it yellow with a very light dose of roundup. Guys are still mudding in beans here at their agent and bankers advice. I never got finished, and got stuck once custom mudding some in for a guy on Wednesday that looked terrible. Some guys still haven't made a full round though, so I guess it could have been worse. The hay that never got cut is still growing like crazy though, so maybe the tonnage will make up for the lack of quality. 

I always try to find the problems in the system when things are messed up and this year has confirmed the fact that I NEED a bale wrapper and a few more rows on the planter would have been nice. I also need to find a way to convince my father to quit screwing around with two of his owned farms and find a way to get them tiled. Finding a way to convince him to go fishing more often instead of worrying needs to be put on the list as well.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)