AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

adjusting the control valve settings on an integra ran sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/3/2015 06:14 (#4658986 - in reply to #4657635)
Subject: RE: adjusting the control valve settings on an integra ran sprayer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
dberry - 7/2/2015 08:43

had to put a new flow control on and inline servo that controls the rate. Old servo
was marked standard valve, new one is marked a 360 degree valve. All raven hardware.

Servo works fine, right up until you overrun or get real close to the capacity of the system. Then it must
spin shut as the you watch teh rate drop to zero then come back. Old valve would just
open up and your rate would decrease until you slowed down. Anyone have any pointers
on what numbers to adjust to make this new one do the same?

You need the style of control valve that has limit switches or stops in it like your old one had. Raven makes a simple low cost control valve for their manual systems. That control valve doesn't have the limit switches in it and will continue to spin around in circles. This is sufficient in a manual system as the operator should notice on the pressure gauge when the limit has been reached and pressures starts going the other way. That style of control valve is not suitable for anyone's automatic control system.

You need the more expensive control valve with stops in it. Raven makes those in the 3/4" style. There is also a 1" or 1 1/2" style that has a heavier motor. My suggestion is to go with the 1" style rather than the 3/4" style. The 3/4" style does not seem to be reliable with the Ag Leader system.

I have used the 1" Raven style in many situations with Raven and Ag Leader controllers with good results and reliability.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)