AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Maize I went wheat on you
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 7/1/2015 09:56 (#4655883 - in reply to #4655835)
Subject: No big..

Every plot needs an antagonist.. I'm tara's he's mine.. we get along that way and the discussion is useful for the board..   lol...

"YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... but you make a good point."  ;-)  etc..

so we need to work on How we converse.. but I actually don't mind the back and forth..  hmmm what would Tara do?  Maybe better sell some...??

which btw I have.. (Jon the bear?)  naw just getting a little caught up.. Held out for $4.50 corn.. "close enough" for this year.. when I have time I'll dig into the numbers.. agree that wheat.. well pretty decent yields being reported.. some good.. some very good.. some "eh".. too much drought earlier to save it all.. but the better ground.. better treated stuff did okay... is what I am hearing.. NOT CONSISTENT enough to push any records.. but recovered from the full throttle power dive that we were in before the rains started up..

Golly we got everything now.. after 15" of rain.. (golly are we done now for the year?!?  15" July/Aug of 2013.. 12"in June/July last year... this one...?? then we go back into the dry pattern..??  hope not..)  Seems like Canada has been the dry pocket.. not northern plains.. but.. Still early in the AMO/PDO cycle.. so don't want to run out of bullets for later to sell into if we get another 2011/2012 drought going in 16/17... which is still on track.. ???

Some of our dryland corn soils are pounded into the consistency of concrete now.. couldn't get the roots to "root in" to the fertility.. and now the 100 degree and 30 mph winds are blow torching the tops.. got a little heat scald.. so we need precip again soon.. (want to finish the last of harvest and get the double crop beanies in... yipper broke down and done it...) so "always something.."  Irrigated corn looks mostly good for now..

Again the Best wheat came from the Summer fallow guys.. pushed.. 80+ bu dryland.. in spots.. across the road stubble back only did.. 30's so.. Summer Fallow does pay.. Tara.. and this year will prove that..(Boy Howdie!!) but some are still gonna stubble back for some crazy reason.. I think we're just putting hours on equipment for no reason.. but "We're Farmers.."  it's what we do.. lol.

Later.

ps expect harvest hedge pressure to hit the Wheaties before long weekend.. byn bushel carryout.. not going to work.. in this export market.. can we feed wheat this year.. sounds like we got some feed quality stuff.. sorry for the guys that got too much rain.. it was about right here.. pulled it out of the dive.. then blow torched it dry enough to run across.. didn't expect that.. but was nice... or at least better than the alternatives..

never ceases to amaze me what happens next.. droughts.. floods.. wind storms.. got to love farming.. not sure why.. but must be something good about it to go through all this..  ???  Yal it's good...

Edited by JonSCKs 7/1/2015 10:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)