AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Straight Forward Data Sets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Arnie
Posted 6/30/2015 17:44 (#4654643)
Subject: Straight Forward Data Sets

I just received some data from a N sensor research plot I am cooperating with.  The "name brand" monitor (with GPS) is receiving its input from a Holland Scientific device and then controlling a Raven controller for application to vary N based on the sensors "greeness" reading.

The Holland Scientific device has a txt file of  good old simple straight forward data with column headers as:

Latitude, Longitude, value1, value2, value3, etc., etc.,............

The "name brand" data file is something proprietary but I imagine with the right cooperating software scheme(s) it can be "set free" mapped, and unlocked, but most likely the beauty of the raw data has been compromised by some interpolation methodology that any "name brand" system is equally proud of in their marketing schemes.

I don't understand why the participants in this industry put up and/or participate in these games when the simple fact of the matter is all data in its original logging has a location on earth...... latitude, longitude, and some data value of interest.

Thank God some devices (probably older in nature) still keep it straight forward and pure.

Arnie 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)