AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field iq Problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Norm@FR
Posted 6/29/2015 12:21 (#4652358)
Subject: Field iq Problems

Hello,

I have a customer with a JD 7130 Premium using it as a sprayer with a 3pt hitch 110 foot boom setup for spraying liquid fertilizer. They are using an FMX, 1 RSCM, 3 SCM, to control a PWM hydraulic valve and 48 PWM solenoid nozzles (Capstan). They are seeing the infamous "One or more field iq devices has been disconnected." The system will not continue to spray until the master switch is toggled. I have suggested they run a heavier lead (4 awg) from the battery to the modules, which didn't seem to help. I know this system is pulling a lot of power and seems that voltage must be the issue. The 7130 comes equipped with a 120 amp alternator and I suggested they upgrade to the 200 amp alternator. The entire system is a full Trimble harness and mostly new components and wiring.

The system doesn't seem to have the issue when spraying in Field iq diagnostics.

Occasionally the screen will freeze right before the issues happens, and a few seconds later it will say "no gps."

Let me know if anyone has any opinions I can relay to them. I have checked and doubled checked mostly all of the connections. All hardware is updated to the latest versions as well. FMX on 8.5 and the modules on the latest from that update.

I also made new configs in field iq after the update, because that is what Trimble blamed it on.

Thanks,
Norm
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)