AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for those with Hip Replacement Experience
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

bobfeather
Posted 6/21/2015 11:37 (#4638544 - in reply to #4637321)
Subject: RE: Question for those with Hip Replacement Experience

Southern Ontario
sorry, do not know the correct terminology for mine, but had total hip replacement ( right side ) feb 26 got a scar where they cut me on the out side of the hip about 8 inches long ? showd the oc therapist I could do stairs ( really really hard. ) the next day & they cut me loose
was shown excerises to do, did them blah blah blah took garbage out 3 days after surgery ( with walker ) back in truck driving same time , but.......................
fast forward 3 to 4 months still getting up early to do my stretches & excerises, walk & ride my bike every time I can , but it is still not healed 100%
was told by my doc they cut muscles & will take up to 1 year to fully heal up-side is when I went for pre -op and had to get on the scale, pretty much pizzed my self when it showed 250
since then, after surgery, change in diet & excersise, down to 207 guessin there was a lotta meat & fat on that ham bone they took out
my suggestion, push your self as hard & far as you can, recovery to 100 % will depend entirely on how hard you want it
lastly, be very very carefull, as my doc said, if you were to do too much & fall, break new hip etc, you are in for a world of hurt
good luck, and it will get better
bob
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)