AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High Speed Internet in rural areas?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 6/14/2015 12:58 (#4625899 - in reply to #4625768)
Subject: RE: High Speed Internet in rural areas?

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
We had been using some kind of long range WIFI deal we got first through an inside antenna, then later had to go to an outside unit. It started at about $25 for unlimited use at 750kbps. I was really impressed with it as it was very reliable and served us fine. We did upgrade to a 1.5mbps service after a while that was $35. This was through our local phone co-op that also has wireless service in the region.

Then a month ago they told us they were switching everything over to a 4G LTE type service with inside units. Supposed to be faster and better yet, with one exception, we were too far out for the signal.

So we had to give up and re-activate our landline and sign up for DSL. Which is much more expensive. Not happy about that, but our speed is a little better. We get mostly around 4mbps when I check it. It is going to be around $75 a month time you get all the taxes and fees and paying for the landline we hardly ever use. But is our only option because all other 4G service from like Verizon and Sprint is much more expensive. And I don't know how reliable it is out in this area.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)