AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

car dealers ???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KTinSD
Posted 5/29/2015 10:49 (#4597469 - in reply to #4597225)
Subject: RE: car dealers ???

East Central SD
I don't know if this is a salesman/dealership that you've dealt with before but it sounds to me like they're kind of yanking you around. If I want to buy a truck I stop by and my salesman and I sit down at their locator and punch in the things I require and see what comes up, he tries to work out a dealer trade with them, and shoots me a price. I realize there has to be trust and he knows I'm not going to try to cut a deal with the other dealership after we find what I'm looking for, but I never have to wait more than a day or two. I've never had to pay a nickel until we find the actual vehicle and make a deal.

When I changed brands I just went on-line and checked dealer inventories on my own, found what I wanted, and basically bought it over the phone pending my visual inspection for dings or scratches. I guess this may have been more than you asked but my point is that unless there's more to the story, you've been very patient - it shouldn't have taken more than a few days. I have found that once someone has my money, I have lost my leverage (although I realize you may have locked in your trade-in value this way). Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)