AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rebuild or Replace Steiger 4wd?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Farmer8920
Posted 5/28/2015 21:48 (#4596622)
Subject: Rebuild or Replace Steiger 4wd?

Central, WI
Ok, my co-owned 9350 Steiger failed at about 7200hrs. Engine already had some blow-by even though fluids/filters were changed on schedule since new. Turbo went out and caused engine to overspeed and lock up while pulling a plow this spring. Case Service Tech looked at it and also found the 12 speed powershift needs to be rebuilt as it also had a lot of wear. Transmission had some failed gears replaced prevoiusly at around 5000hrs. So the options we are looking at right now is using this 9350 for scrap parts and going with another 9350 to replace it or go with a larger steiger like a 9370/80 with a pto. We could also strip the pto and 3pt hitch off the old 9350 to put on the replacement one. I don't believe any parts from a 9350 will fit on a newer stx model or newer but I could be wrong. I'm trying to get some good estimates of what other have had it cost to rebuild the 12 speed powershift, M11 engine, and possibly the transmission on a 9350. Any suggestions on how to proceed in this situation from others that have thought of or rebuilt a 9350?

Edited by Farmer8920 5/28/2015 21:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)