AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 6500 sprayer section valves
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/29/2015 07:07 (#4597053 - in reply to #4596804)
Subject: RE: JD 6500 sprayer section valves

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
NEILFarmer - 5/28/2015 22:00

Yeah that would be really slick Steve and yes i think i follow, but i'm afraid i don't think JD made things that simple but no i'm not sure. Does factory spray coup have standard Raven system? or does it have switches in the dash, indicator lights in A post maybe? In JD they could not make it easy and just use a 460 or something for boom control, had to use a special one with switches in the dash. So because of that i'm just not sure. I'll have to do some digging and see what i can find as far as wiring back near valves.

Another valve (4 total) to get things down to 15' i'd be happy. 7.5' (8 valves) would be even better. Really i'd love to go with a nozzle by nozzle setup but that is 100% out of the budget.

That tip looks ideal, i was thinking of just an 80 degree tip where rest of mine are 110 but that looks better yet.

I'm not completely familiar with the 6500 and the problems in using an an Ag Leader with it but there's always a way.

Concerning fenceline tips: Ag Leader has provisions for handling this two different ways. One way is to put a tee and a small extra valve into the outermost section(s). This could be done on both sides or just one. In this arrangement, the extra fenceline valves are triggered by some special locations in the black plug in the Liquid module. The configuration is setup to inform the system that these fenceline tips are available. These new extra valves can be assigned to any unused switches in the switchbox. If the operator decides that it is desirable to have one or both tips ON, they flip the appropriate switch. The valve will open only if the section feeding it is also ON. The screen depiction will show a triangle on the appropriate end of the boom when the tip is ON. No width is assigned to the section. Flow is robbed from the uttermost section so the total flow is accounted for. The net result is that the rate on the remaining sections is reduced slightly but this is a negligible amount. Autoswath does not react to the fact that a fenceline tip is ON, so it behaves as if the tip is outside of the system. Sections 1-X are still referred to by their original names and switch locations.

Another way to handle fenceline tips is to plumb, wire and program them as actual sections. This is generally more confusing and would require a fair amount of change.

In your case where you may be using the Deere OEM switches as inputs to the Ag Leader Auxiliary Input Module this would likely involve adding extra switches and some creative wiring. I know it can be done but it may be difficult to find someone willing to take the time and do the research necessary.

You show the desire to go with tip by tip valves. I feel this passes the point of cost/reward. It would take a lot of chemical savings over many years to recover the cost of all the extra valves/plumbing/wiring necessary.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)