AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iWatch or equivalent?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 5/28/2015 19:04 (#4596184 - in reply to #4595376)
Subject: RE: iWatch or equivalent?

My sister bought me one because she decided I needed a 'toy' for Christmas.

It's a Motorola Moto 360. Works with my android. It's neat.

I would never buy one myself. It has all the gimmicks like a fitness tracker and heart rate monitor that I could not get disabled fast enough. I can answer or reject calls. Play music, pandora also. I can see and respond to text messages. It vibrates when the phone rings. You can see the short term weather and temp. When driving, turns vibrate and show up on the screen, a quick glance tells you what you need to know.

I wear it for work because otherwise I never will. Has held up well since Christmas. I have a screen protector. For me it is most handy to see who is calling in a flash and not to have to look at my phone, or to pause music if I need to, while wearing headphones.

It's a gimmick. My life was plenty complete before it and I can get along just fine without it. Battery MAYBE lasts a day... If I stay off it unless needed.

It can be infuriating, it detects you turning your wrist to turn on to show you the time, and it only really works well 80% of the time. The rest I want to take a hammer to it. Or if it gets nudged just so and 'theater' mode gets turned on to disable the wrist movement detection. That only took a few days to figure out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)