AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 5/24/15*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 5/24/2015 08:43 (#4587798)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 5/24/15*****

Good Sunday Morning Friends. It has been an interesting week for me with having the thumb surgery on Tuesday, having a dead. numb arm from the nerve block for 24 hours. But then feeling good enough to get off the hard narcotics back onto my normal pain meds. You find out how much you rely on two working hands, Yes you can adjust and do things slower, and they still get done. But then there are some things you just have to have help with. Once I got out of my PJ's and into regular clothes, I needed help with a certain undergarment. I called for Dave's help and he is struggling and saying "how does this thing work?" I had to laugh, reminding him that he knew how to unhook it 40 + years ago. We both chuckle about that one. So just reminding you, if you have a spouse that there will be times we have to help each other and hopefully it brings you closer and not annoyed at the little things you have to help with.

I am feeling bad for you farmers that are getting too many storms, hoping it isn't too late for some kind of crops for you. We should be getting some rain today and tomorrow, perfect timing after first cutting hay is finished.

Now, how is the weight loss going? We are starting the season of BBQ's and graduation parties, weddings, you name it, we can have a party for it. So, what to do? Do you fill up your plate that it bends in half and the food tumbles off, or do you take small portions of everything, not denying yourself, but not screwing up what you have accomplished so far? Think before you eat and drink. You can do a lot of damage with what you drink, alcohol, or soda can really hurt the weight loss.

Now for Dave and me. Was kind of shocked that Dave gained 3.2 pounds, because at mealtimes he isn't overloading his plate. One thing that his mother does is she likes for him to visit and she always has a bowl of chips or nuts ready for him. He will just have to take a taste to make her happy, but then push the bowl away. He also reminded me that he had to take a bunch of ibuprofen this week for a sore back. Ibuprofen can make you retain water, So hopefully after his chiropractor treatment and he doesnt need the pills the water weight will come off. Plus I got him to go on one walk with me this week. I am a little slower yet, but still got out there a couple times,

Me, I was shocked to loose a little, .6 pounds and i have a partial cast and it is wrapped, So I am thinking I would have lost at least a pound, But won't guess and take the .6 to bring my total to 36.8, slow but sure, got to look good for our 40th anniversary in Oct.

Hope you had a good week, and if you didn't, that is ok, it is a new week. Let's get healthy my friends. I am so proud of each and every one of you for sticking with this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)