AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starfire 3000 running a pro600/700?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JaegerFarms
Posted 5/24/2015 00:03 (#4587494)
Subject: Starfire 3000 running a pro600/700?

Northeast Nebraska
Hey guys, new to the forum and looking for some info.

We run what you probably call a rainbow farm. Lot of different colors running around. In years past this has never really caused a problem, as long as we can hook up to it it will work! Unfortunately I feel that our color unbiased ways could cause us some issues if we don't know what we are getting into.

We've been looking into getting a new planter for awhile now and by no means have we made up our mind yet. I just wanted to appease my mind about a few things before I start narrowing the search. We bought an 8310 JD a couple years ago and its Greenstar ready. So all the wiring is in place. So naturally I think JD Greenstar will probably be easiest route for us to get setup with guidance. This is all fine and wonderful if we get a planter from JD as well. Our problem is that we are really interested in those Early Riser planters from case. All the research that I have done tells me that those planters won't plug into 2630 so we would need a pro600/700 to run the planter. Is that correct?

Now if this is the case, will i be able to hook the starfire 3000 to a 2630 for guidance, and use it to run case's pro monitor? I fear even if it would plug in that it wouldn't function as perfectly as it should. I'm hoping to be able to utilize automatic shutoffs, mapping, and maybe even variable rate prescriptions down the line. Will there be any issues?

Thanks for your time. Sorry if the post was a little long.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)