AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

college as an investment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JimmyP
Posted 5/22/2015 20:00 (#4585721 - in reply to #4585133)
Subject: RE: college as an investment

Lancaster, OH
Ours is going out of state for $14,000/year plus a $10,000 scholarship and the honors program that pays for books. He eats 90% of his meals in the cafeteria, works on campus for spending money and at home during breaks.

We made an allowance deal with his driver's license--$100/month. He is responsible for any tickets and corresponding increases in car insurance & any deductibles if there is an accident. 5 years, one ticket, no accidents. Figured it was better to incent good behavior rather than constantly harp on poor behavior, especially when we would have spent that much for a problem

I think many are right here from meeting kids he is in school with. There are far too many who are not dedicated to their betterment and are just spending time in a place they think they are supposed to getting no furtherance of education that will pay them back.

In my case, I am certain that my life and financial situation has been substantially enhanced with a college degree and many, many extra classes in other areas.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)