AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

college as an investment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BHTN
Posted 5/22/2015 14:26 (#4585371 - in reply to #4585188)
Subject: RE: Haa !

West Tennessee
iseedit - 5/22/2015 10:28

Chris - 5/22/2015 10:34

I keep reading about student loans and now some new problems with certain groups.

A student loan should be treated the same as a loan to a kid wanting to start a business. PERIOD.

Will it produce revenue sufficient to pay off the debt and allow the person to live?  If not they shouldn't get a loan.
Further, what's their record?  That is, what is their grade throughout school and what current debt do they have?  What work have they done and what do their former employers say about their work ethic?

Not everybody is college material.  About 45% of college freshmen drop out of college.  It doesn't mean no future if you don't have a degree, and it doesn't mean you can never get a degree if you later mature or find a field that you want to pursue and it requires a degree.  

What do you have against the Banksters and colleges/Ivy League mobsters ?    lol

I agree, it's common sense . . . . . but, it is a Business (no really, a SCAM) for the young inexperienced high school grad's and their largely not too bright parents ~ (sorry if I insulted any agtalkers here).

Money management needs to start with the younger grad's - not with higher education bills - there are many professions that can be had for a very, very reasonable cost or no cost. Upper management of business, have drank the cool-aid when they were in college / higher education, they were brain washed, the only way to have a successful business is to hire college educated dummies . . . . . the days of starting in the mail room and get your feet wet (gaining experience with the company), and climb the business ladder formula, was abandoned back in the 80's.

Higher education is a "business, money making scam" the young people in our county get sucked into. . . .   what a shame ~

I just need to clarify if you are really honestly stating that people who go to college and send their kids to college are the victims of a scam and thus by default are ignorant? I'm sure I'm missing something here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)