AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lines are cool, but market structure rules
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 5/20/2015 14:27 (#4581905 - in reply to #4581469)
Subject: Speaking of the Wheat market..

I used to think charting was some sort of voodoo. Back then I thought fundamentals ruled everything. One inarguable flaw with that concept (in my mind) is that it's impossible to know all the fundamentals. What if China has stockpiled way more or way less corn than they say they have and they start to quietly build a position to remedy that solution? Are you going to see that from a fundamental perspective? Maybe, maybe not. But from a charting perspective, something is going to change. A year later we may be able to look back from a fundamental perspective and say, "that was a game changer". From a charting perspective, if we have our eyes open (I hope) we may be able to see this as it happens and be positioned appropriately.

That's a fair point..  I use to sell a charting software in college..  Between the programs and the lines I could make any chart look bullish or bearish.. ANY CHART.. and would dare my cohort to find one that I couldn't mess with... he couldn't btw.

That's probably what convinced me the most that charts were in fact voodoo.. However I do use them when pulling the trigger.. For Instance this past week when we got the RALLY in WHEAT that I do not remember any chartist on here pointing out... (anyone??)   I did pull up a daily to enter my exit orders on my short puts.. which I offered as bids.. and got filled on..   So now I'm wondering if that Ag Attache that cut 35 mmt's out of Chinese wheat stocks is correct...

???

Do we have more upside coming in the wheat market?

What do the voodoo chartist say?

lol.. not trying to poke too much at the chartist.. markets are not just fundamental  in fact some days they're just plain PSYCHO.. so Voodoo chartist have their place..  Just wondering who called this last rally... from a charting perspective.. No doubt that Sat.. Fish.. and Vail All missed it...

So who called it? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)