AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lap or Tablet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 5/20/2015 07:42 (#4581227 - in reply to #4580310)
Subject: RE: Lap or Tablet

southern MN
Tablet takes ok photos, looks up web stuff, entertains you with music, Internet, etc. can do some nifty stuff and some light business stuff. Easy to grab and take into resturant, hiking a bit, balance on knee in passenger seat, etc.

Laptop does business stuff, handles data, 'real computer' stuff, not as easy to take along grab and go, not as cool. Not as picture taking friendly.

If you are familiar with laptops and switching to a tablet, get it and use it before the trip. There is a tiny learning curve getting used to the touch screen, smaller size, etc. you don't want to waste vacation time trying to learn the slight differences. You want a weeks worth of fooling with the darn thing, so it becomes familiar to you.

Been a couple weeks since I turned my laptop on, I use a new desktop for big computer jobs, tablet does everything else, laptop sits in the corner now.

Tablet is probably your best bet. The question is wifi only or cell plan also on it so you can Internet almost anywhere.......

Edit: I shoulda said, we just bought a 2 in 1 deal for wife's niece, its still in the box I need to set it up. Will be my first time ever working on a Windows 8 machine; these are basically a laptop that folds over backwards and makes it a large, large touch tablet. I believe this is a use windows 8 was designed for. Since its still in the box don't know anything about it, I wonder about the durability of those hinges and using the keyboard as a base..... But it seems like a good concept and both worlds for you. Best Buy has a sale through Saturday on a fancy Dell model......

Paul

Edited by paul the original 5/20/2015 08:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)