AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 5/17/15*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 5/17/2015 08:05 (#4575023)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 5/17/15*****

Good Sunday Morning. Middle of the month has rolled around already. Are you so swamped with work that you haven't thought much about weight loss? Let's face it, losing weight takes effort as it just doesn't happen, we have to make it happen. I know when you are busy planting, you can't be exercising much. I still hope you jump out of that tractor more often then just to pee though. Get down and stretch, arch that back with your arms above your head to get the circulation going throughout your body. Dave is talking he needs to go for an adjustment at the chiropractor again. So that means he hasn't been moving around enough. He never seems to need one when in AZ as even though we are riding, he is walking more there too.

I hope the bad storms are not affecting your area. I have a friend in Oklahoma that said there is so much rain that their was water in their little barn. They are hobby farmers with lots of different animals, but still so hard on them.

So down to business. I will warn you already, if you are a little late at posting, my reply to you might be late and I will not be accountable for what I say. I am having Basal Thumb Arthoplasty and carpal tunnel release done on Tuesday. Just day surgery, but will be on major pain meds for awhile as they will take a bone out of the base of my thumb and roll up one of my tendons and stick it in there for cushion. I will first in a half cast and wrapped for a week and then in a regular cast for up to 6 weeks. Lucky it is my left hand, but still it will affect a lot of what I do. So just thought I would warn you ahead of time. A little nervous, but know some people that have had it done and are happy with the results. I have had to do a lot of driving lately, and it is very painful for me to hold the steering wheel for long periods of time. Then three months later, if all goes well, I will have the right one done. That one I will really worry about as it is my dominate hand.

So time to report, how did you do this week? Dave was surprised that he had a little .4 gain. He was busy this week, but must have had some extra munching in there. Me, I am happy to report that I lost 2.2 pounds which brings my total to 36.2 pounds. Just keep plugging away at it. Not sure what surgery will do as my activity level will certainly decrease for awhile. But then hope to get back to some walking as soon as I can.

Hope your week was a good one, have a great week.

Edited by dairymanswife 5/17/2015 08:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)