AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new computer needed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 5/11/2015 00:10 (#4563019 - in reply to #4561033)
Subject: RE: new computer needed

Southeast Wyoming

dpilot83 - 5/9/2015 23:20 I have not heard of any problems with the Surface Pro 3 and Quickbooks but would be interested in hearing more because that's the accounting software I use (not that it really matters because 3 years from now when I'd be interested it would no longer be an issue). I'm not sure what you mean by Windows 10 software either. Are you referring to software that is ready for Window 10 when it comes out or are you referring to Windows 10 itself? Either way, I have not heard of that either but am interested.

Here is the article I was reading, regarding Quickbooks:

http://www.fastcompany.com/3034896/microsofts-surface-pro-3-is-an-impressive-hunk-of-hardware-but-windows-still-needs-lots-of-w

Here is the particular quote but be sure to read the article: 

More important, the Surface Pro 3 hardware is so well-suited to running serious conventional Windows apps that I spent most of my time in the old-school desktop mode running traditional programs such as Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and QuickBooks. It’s in this mode that there are jarring gaps between the software and hardware, rather than the seamless integration that a device like this needs.

I wish the review had been more specific.

Here is the link about installing Windows 10 Preview:

http://www.windowscentral.com/dont-install-windows-10-preview-surface-3-says-microsoft 

Google returns many other hits on the SP3 and windows 10, this is the only one I read, because it jumped out at me. 

Edited by Gary Lyon 5/11/2015 00:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)