AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybeans up 15 cents
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 4/28/2015 19:17 (#4542900 - in reply to #4542837)
Subject: RE: Soybeans up 15 cents

Sat - 4/28/2015 17:17

With 1.827 of corn carry over we DO NOT want a single end-user slowing their usage of corn.
Why not see if one can get a dime better basis ? ? ?
There's alot of corn of tin can corn that needs a home prior to harvest.
If everyone waits to move til July or August,,, and there's no weather rally,,, its not gonna be a pretty site for basis guys and gals*****

I should have said soybeans. Much harder to get those bins open at times since they store better and historically the last few years have been a good August/Sep gamble....and honestly right now I would say ----- it and sit on them and move corn to town. USDA has overestimated soy stock the last few so why not this year.

As for corn no I don't want to see any slowing of consumption but do hearts go out to the farmer paying $700+ for NH3 so he can keep said supplier going at a loss? Just corporate welfare so the grocers can make more money on cheap inputs. The disparity between the grocery store and the grain bin has never been this wide. After all the compaining about ethanol the grocery manufacturers did during 2012 they sure don't want to go back to the prices pre 2012. Been to the grocery store lately? Reminds me of a bag of Dekalb seed corn. All the excuses to raise the price while things were going up but never one to go down.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)