AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ND and ON to get more ADM soy crush
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

senodak
Posted 4/28/2015 21:25 (#4543172 - in reply to #4542496)
Subject: RE: ND and ON to get more ADM soy crush

Our wheat was almost a month behind last summer because of cool temps and we totally lucked out on the corn with getting a few warm late weeks otherwise there would have been a lot of 25% moisture + corn out there. Outside of 2012 I can't say we've had warmer than normal temps, but I am probably incapable of sensing the whopping .27 degree increase.

KHall is right, the reason we've seen more corn and beans is technology and market forces. I think it's ridiculous to imply that farmers here are thinking, "I'm going to grow more corn and beans since we are trending .27 degrees warmer in the last 10 years!"

RayJenkins - 4/28/2015 10:53

According to studies by North Dakota State Climatologist and North Dakota Agricultural Weather Network Director Adnan Akyuz, the average annual temperature in North Dakota has increased by 0.27 degrees in the last 10 years. Because of the temperature increase, the length of the growing season has increased 17.5 days in the last century.

Parts of the state have been upgraded into a warmer sector of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s plant hardiness zones.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)