AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cree led light bulbs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HuskerFan
Posted 4/27/2015 22:38 (#4541772)
Subject: Cree led light bulbs

central nebraska
Not very happy with these led replacement bulbs I bought from the home depot. Local utility was giving a little incentive to purchase led bulbs for your home. I think they would give you $5 back on every bulb you purchased up to a max of 12.

I was getting tired of replacing bulbs in our recessed lighting fixtures so I thought I would try the led ones. I think the life expectancy was something like 20yrs on these led bulbs. They are not cheap bulbs but if I didn't have to replace them as often I thought that would be a good deal.

I purchased 12 Cree led bulbs from home depot in January. Within the first week one of the bulbs quit working. No big deal toolkit back and they replaced it. Within this last week I have had 3 more bulbs go bad. I was having better luck with the incandescent bulbs.

I guess on the bright side the last 8 bulbs now have to last 30 yrs to keep up the average of 20 yrs/bulb.

Has anyone else tried these bulbs? Are there better brands?

It's frustrating when we are going to be forced,by our government, into these bulbs at a higher cost and not be able to get the same life expectancy out of them.

Sounds like something else we are all forced into......Obamacare!!!!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)