AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another coyote question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Grain Hay Cattle
Posted 4/28/2015 06:33 (#4542043 - in reply to #4541501)
Subject: RE: Another coyote question--They kill livestock here.

SW Ohio

Coyotes are BAD here and really aggressive with other animals. Within two miles they have killed several dogs even one during the day while lady was in yard. They teamed up to kill neighbors mean llama in with his sheep. They kill calves and lambs. This is HERE. I really think that we have some of the most aggressive coyotes out there. I can see how if they aren't bothering some of these larger animals, than they might not be as big of a deal...maybe. They come into yards boldly. The ones we have are big--German Shepherd size and they look healthy and well fed. If I were you I would be getting rid of them too, but this is my experience with them. The deer hunter that hunts our area has a buddy that set up a camera outside a den a few years ago. The bitch coyotes drug in 26 fawns to one set of pups. This was in the next county over I believe.

One more thing--we have English Setters and they are not terribly afraid of our dogs anymore (when the coyotes come during daylight hours; dogs are in at night). Watch your dogs, they can lure them away from your yard and to there territory where they will kill them.

Edit: Just read through other posts and noticed I am the only one that hates coyotes, but dang they are trouble makers around here.

Edited by Grain Hay Cattle 4/28/2015 06:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)