AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Long day
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

birdfarmer2199
Posted 4/26/2015 21:08 (#4539731)
Subject: Long day

Cental Indiana
Went out this morning before church. Had a 3 week old calf really struggling to breathe. Very hoarse and raspy. Finally got her and mom seperated. Haltered the calf and headed for the barn with mom trailing. Then mom went nuts. My wife is helping me and the cow takes off after my wife. Finally get the cow and calf in the barn. Call the vet he can't come until at least late afternoon. (No problem with me at all. It is Sunday) get in the pen to catch the calf and momma pens me up against the wall. At first I thought she broke my arm. Pretty sore but everything seems fine. Try again and here she comes again. Finally got her seperated behind a gate and got the calf dr'd.
Went in to feed tonight and she still hasn't calmed down any. Vet calls about 9 and says I'm on my way. I learned my lesson this morning and finally after a few minutes we got her seperated again. I don't know what all he gave the calf but said it wouldn't be a problem with the la200 I already gave. I hate to keep a vet waiting but didn't want to temp fate again. I usually try to have everything ready so he can get in and out. He left in a hurry and was on his phone as soon as he left so I hope I didn't upset him and he was just on his way to the next visit.

Raised the cow and have handled her her whole life. Never had a problem. Wife wasn't to happy about a cow comming after her but understands the situation too.

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (174KB - 175 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)