AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Property line and barn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

digfaster
Posted 4/26/2015 12:11 (#4538801 - in reply to #4538758)
Subject: RE: Property line and barn

keving - 4/26/2015 11:35

Why was the building built so close to what you thought was the property line? We have zoning laws that prohibit building X amount of feet from neighboring property. Now your neighbor is in the driver seat with a building partially on his property

Your right, if I knew it was this close I never would've built nowhere near the line. When I started farming 10 years ago my dad agreed to deed me off a small corner of this property for the barn site. I didn't want to take anymore away from dad than I had to so I built in the corner away from his house. As far as them being in the drivers seat I'd argue with that. I didn't intentionally build on there property and I'm sure there not intentionally farming dads property. The property line intersects the corner of the lean to by 3 or 4 feet ( there may be 7 or 8 squ. Feet total on them) I thought I was 15 feet or so from the line. As far as adverse possession goes there was a drainage ditch that we always thought was the line ( last 30 years anyways) and it turns out the line is about 100' off. I'm perfectly fine with both party's acknowledging that there on one another but I'm afraid there going to want the whole thing torn out. Just asking if anyone else has had this problem. I may get another survey but I hate to throw money away
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)