AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agriculture Codes Of Law
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SweetHomeAlabama
Posted 4/26/2015 16:20 (#4539088 - in reply to #4539075)
Subject: RE: Agriculture Codes Of Law

If there are legalities toward the landlord for stopping and disrupting my field work, not allowing me access to property when I needed to be working to prepare land for planting. Also, not stopping others from intruding on to the property and doing as they please for recreation after we had made a verbal agreement. I addressed the problem yet he ignored it.

The first paragraph in original post is referring to something I heard about pertaining to farmers rights after the fact and I am going to clarify. I always communicated with landowner before doing anything on the property. When I contacted landowner about renting land his response was I am going to give you rights to farm the land, in exchange for doing the clean up work cause alot of the land has been out of production growed up and like asphalt in some areas and he wanted deep heavy tillage done. We were in agreement. Well clean up and tillage work started then I was stoped due to landowner family issues then later allowed to start back and got all tillage work done then mother nature played its wrath and summer crop was not able to be planted. I later make plans to plant winter crop and write a letter to landowner explaining all factors that prevented planting summer crop and request consideration in extending the agreement on into the following year for crop harvest. I was denied an extension so there fore I have invested machinery and expense in this property and got NO return. I later learn of the ag law which I mentioned in the first paragraph of this original post which protects a farmer by allowing him access to the land for harvesting a crop planted on the property even if the lease / agreement time has ended. So therefore from legal point of view I had legal rights to access and farm the land during the time crop would have been planted and once the crop is planted my legal rights continue on till crop is harvested. I went above and beyond to communicate and made effort to work with landlord in everyway possible when really I didn't have to as long as I working the land during the term of agreement. I should have been granted an extension and opportunity to get a crop off the land or compensated for breach of contract.

Edited by SweetHomeAlabama 4/26/2015 18:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)