AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Running out of options what to do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 4/25/2015 08:42 (#4536673 - in reply to #4536638)
Subject: RE: Running out of options what to do?

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
greenfarmer - 4/25/2015 08:30

Another thing you have going is the land improvements you are making. If you make it known to some of the landlords in the area that your looking for more land, but not looking to take any away from anyone or get into a bidding war, and just continue to make improvements on the land you already have. The older generation of landlords will take notice, and you will be on a very short "call list"... Where if they know you are looking, and see the job your doing. They will call you first.

Edit: Always remember theres something to be said about "curb appeal"... The older generation drives by, sees the job your doing. Sees the ditches always mowed, clean fields. Everything looks real good around there. And you will be called by them, and given an opportunity. They take notice to that.

Good advice here.

If u Dont want to be the type of person to " rent ground away" from others you have to be very patient and do a good job. Opportunities will usually come about. They may not always be the right opportunities, and they may take a long time to come about. But they usually will.

I rented my first farm @ 15 years old. 32 acres in 6 fields. @ 30 I'm up to 485. In my life I've lost 200 acres due to high cash rent needs/wants by the land lords when I was 22. (That sucked).
Dad always tells me when working on a project "Rome wasn't built in a day".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)