AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ideas for cotton gin festival?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

TractorAddict
Posted 4/24/2015 19:16 (#4535687)
Subject: Ideas for cotton gin festival?

West of Broken Bow
My hopes are to eventually buy an old cotton gin and get it fully functional. It may even require relocating one to a more desirable location. I would like to avoid using a steam engine for powering the main shaft for obvious reasons. Maybe try and find a Bessemer that could be refurbished, instead of using an electric motor. It will of course take more than just me to get it all accomplished one day.

The plan is to have an annual festival with hopefully other events held at the gin grounds.

What all sort of fun activities would go well with the cotton gin festival? For starters I thought about a tractor show and pull. Possibly a parade too. Was thinking even pie and cake contests. Fried chicken sounds even better. :-) Any moneys collected would go towards keeping the gin going, the grounds maintained, and maybe a museum building if one was to be built.

So many of the old gins are long gone and I'd like to preserve at least one before the rest are torn down here. I think it would be fun to get folks together for such an event, especially before the summer heat becomes an issue.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)