AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FmX, FIQ, and Advanced drive settings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

00rooster
Posted 4/24/2015 09:29 (#4534917)
Subject: FmX, FIQ, and Advanced drive settings

I'm using a electric pump, and electric pump driver to run my starter fertilizer. Works great except when I'm starting out from the headland. It takes too long to ramp up the motor and get flow detected by my flow meter, so I get a No Flow detected error and it shuts everything down....kind of annoying.

I've never had much luck using the Auto-tune feature and usually end up playing around with numbers in the advanced settings, but don't really know what many of them mean. I didn't know if there is anywhere I can find what exactly those numbers and parameters even mean so that I might be able to fine tune my settings to perform better. Or if you see anything that I should change.

I really need to be able to ramp up my pump quicker so that I don't keep getting this No Flow timeout. I've increase my No-Flow Timeout to 10 seconds and more on the starter, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on this error. I've also increased the Latency on the starter to 6 seconds. But the No Flow detected pops up much faster than that.

Since pushing cold syrup 10-34-0 & Capture through my orifices on cold mornings takes a few moments, it seems like that flow meter takes to long to start spinning. It also doesn't help that I have some air pockets in the lines, so the air compresses before it pushes the orifices.

(Capture.PNG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Capture.PNG (119KB - 55 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)