AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SMS advanced and dropbox
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

No soil disturbance
Posted 4/23/2015 20:32 (#4533973)
Subject: SMS advanced and dropbox

With such a large group of SMS users here I was curious if any of you use dropbox to store your data file? It might be a dumb question but we used to do it with our previous geospatial program and since we switched to SMS nearly two years ago I don't know why I never thought about trying it. Right now I have a desktop that I use as the primary SMS computer 8 months out of the year, once we get running hard in the spring and fall I use my laptop more often since I have it with me in the tractor and such. I get tired of backing up and restoring projects between the two when I make changes on one or the other like write a new prescription. I got to thinking why I couldn't just move the data storage folder to dropbox and they they can pull off the same file? Again, might not be possible but Mapshots told us it wasn't possible and we figured it out.

I realize they can't both be on the same file at the same time but that's that way with any dropbox file. Just curious if anyone has tried it and knows if it will or won't work. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)