AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 4/19/15*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 4/19/2015 07:45 (#4524243)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 4/19/15*****

Good Sunday Morning. Several beautiful days in a row here, now rain predicted. Need to get out and mow my lawn before it rains. Did it once to mulch the leaves, but the grass is growing now. I have a riding lawnmower so can't count that as exercise, but I did volunteer to mow my mom's and hers is a push mower. I don't look at it as a chore, I look at it as exercise. It takes me about an hour to push her corner lot. But I am afraid that I won't be able to do it much longer as having to squeeze the levers to the handle to make it go makes my hands scream bloody murder. So with all the yard chores that need to be done this spring, look at it as an opportunity to get some exercise in. I have 20 bags of mulch waiting for me too. I will see what I can get done this morning.

So what is going on in your house? Are there stressful things happening that are making you eat?, Are there people that are trying to sabotage your eating program by wanting you to go out to eat and drink. It is easier to stay on program if you are home, but there are choices that you can make that won't hurt as bad. Like Dave and I went to look at houses yesterday and it was right next to a Culvers. Dave use to get their biggest burgers and I have been telling him about their snack pack meals. Less expensive and you still get the taste of their good burgers, but with the size being smaller, it has way less calories. He has admitted that it is plenty for him now as he is older and doesn't need as much. Portion sizes at restaurants are unreal. Went out the other night with Dave's mom and sister and I shared my meal with Dave's mom. She was only going to have soup and I gave her a good portion of my meal. Things like that can help, or of course you can ask for a to go box.

As I turn over a new page in my notebook that I am keeping track of my NAT'sters, I wonder if my list will get shorter. When we started in Jan, my notebook didn't even have enough lines, I was making extra room on the top margins. Second page was still good, names in the margin again. Third page I am down to 19 people posting and I appreciate each and every one of you. Now I am starting my 4th page, I hope that the busy spring field work doesn't take you guys away from me. It doesn't take long to stand on the scale and send a quick note on how you did. Please don't rush with the field work, accidents can happen so quickly.

So, how did the scale look today? Dave stayed the same for a second week. I find that strange as how in the world can you not sway one way or the other. My scale weighs to the .2 pounds and is very accurate. Anyway, nothing lost for him. Now me, I guess the stress that I have had the last couple weeks that helped me lose, must have stopped as I had a gain of 2.2. Not sure if it is water weight and that is why my joints hurt so much. Yes, I am disappointed with the gain, but won't let it get me down. I have started walking more again and sometimes with me, the walking makes me retain water too. The walking isn't as easy as it was in AZ, I struggle more at home here as my ankles and joints hurt. But I know less weight would help out too. I will keep trying. I am still over 30 pounds loss and I have to look positively at that.

Hope you had a good week, now help me fill up my notebook. and have a good week.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)