AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

would you eat gmo sweet corn??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

paul the original
Posted 4/18/2015 08:23 (#4522601 - in reply to #4522040)
Subject: RE: would you eat gmo sweet corn??

southern MN
bad farmer - 4/17/2015 20:41

yes it goes for everything, both ways, just like its easy for you to accept what you like to hear so do they. you know we only represent 1 percent of the population as farmers and organic farmers represent less then .1 persent fo that 1 percent. we are so few but how can we have such a loud voice, everyone wants to blame us for everything that is said that benefits our pocketbooks when we really have no voice at all. The voice that is heard is of these people who are being referred to as crazy. I dont like what they are saying anymore then you but i am guessing itss what the consumer wants to hear. we can argue all day long about what you do and what I do, and at the end of the day they are both ok, but I dont think its the organic farmer putting you down or any conventional way of farming. I for one am saying if you think you have a good product or at least better then everyone else then certify it or keep it seperate so you can get your premium. should we us the seed corn industry for a example, when you order seed corn you order it based on alot of factors, but lets say all teh seed corn in north america was blended togethor, would you still pay the same price? probably not,

Somone referred to the premiums not being there for non gmo, i would say that is wrong as those wanting the non gmo want it certified no gmo. hard to guess that would come out of my mouth after being told time after time by consumers that is has to be certified, I was upset when hearing this at first, but now I understand the consumer cause i asked the questions, it was said the farmers are out there trying to make a buck, hate to tell you this but there is fraud in crop insurance, there is fraud in farm payments, and there is fraud in agriculture and it is not a secret to the consumer, so even though we may protray ourselves as innoscent, the conseumer does NOT. We have went down a path that has lead us away from teh consumers interest and have tried to tell them what to buy instead of offering them choices. its been pointed out time and time again by many posters that say"if the consumer was ony educated they would eat teh GMO" my questions is what is that poster doing to prove it is safe cause relying on some usda or some other scientist to say something is not working, the consumer does not trust them and the consumer wants to be involved in their food standard deciisions. we have dug ourselves intoa hole with consumer confidence, and the only way out is to listen to the consumer if you want the consumer to listen to you.

If i have gmo sweet corn what test can I do to prove to the consumer it is not only safe but nutritious that the consumer will trust? somone please answer that and remember when answering that to please use something the consumer trusts.

You tend to be a lightening rod on these issues because you speak out.

You raise a lot lf good issues on this.

To me, your message highlights the problems.

People believe Dr Oz because he talks down homey and looks good to the average housewife. They can believe anything he says because he's so nice.

Does t matter if he is lying through his teeth, he is 'believable'.

You can line up 100 scientists and test procedures and spend 10 years with tests, theories, and studies.... And folks will get bored, in over their head, and believe conspiriosy theories posted by one person on YouTube over all that science.

Clearly, the answer is we should return to the Stone Age, and let people starve in their own stupidity. At least they will be dying healthy.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)