AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone upgrade CPU's?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chimel
Posted 4/8/2015 08:05 (#4503713 - in reply to #4499543)
Subject: RE: There is a video of a guy installing a TL68

Pat H - 4/6/2015 08:03
I'll have to look into what TRIM. Doesn't windows 7 automatically recognize an SDD?

It does indeed, and supports TRIM natively. The version of Windows on your laptops would have been my question to you since you didn't mention it. SSDs are definitely the best upgrade you can have on any computer with a hard drive. I think there's also a BIOS drive setting to change when you upgrade an old computer and it's not set already, or maybe not present. I'd try to upgrade just one computer first, to see how it goes, and you should probably proceed in several steps, to let the system adapt to the new memory first, then to the new processor before cloning the hard drive to the SSD or installing Windows on the SSD from scratch.

It's becoming much harder to upgrade processors now that pins and chipsets change so much from one generation to the next, and it's always a risky operation. There's even less choice for mobile processors. Still, it's certainly a possibility within the same range if you have a low-end processor. I don't know why we don't see more of these processors in the used market.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)