AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Viper Pro: Can you separate boom width from swath width?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 3/30/2015 21:34 (#4487349)
Subject: Raven Viper Pro: Can you separate boom width from swath width?

With every display I have used in the past, you would set up how wide the sprayer actually was (boom width) and the sprayer would determine how many GPM to put through the flow meter based upon your speed to get the correct GPA at each nozzle.

Then, quite separately, one could set the swath width. So if you had a boom width of 100' but you wanted to overlap 6" on each side to be safe, you would set the boom width to 100' and the swath width to 99'.

This would result in 99% of your swath getting the correct GPA and 1% of your swath getting twice the correct GPA.

I probably don't understand something, but it looks like to me that the Viper Pro does not allow you to separate the two. So if you have a 100' boom and you want to have 6" of overlap on each end to play it safe, you need to set your boom width to 99'.

This would result in 99% of your boom applying 99% of your target rate and 1% of your boom applying 198% of your target rate.

I know the discrepancy is not large, but why did they do this? Or am I just missing where you can change them separately? Thanks.

Edited by dpilot83 3/30/2015 21:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)