AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More questions on Andrews Forks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Alberta Farmer
Posted 3/31/2015 00:44 (#4487658 - in reply to #4487313)
Subject: RE: More questions on Andrews Forks

West Central Alberta Coldest, wettest edge

May I Hijack the thread for another fork/balance question?

When energy is discussed, do I understand that the energy expended above the line of balance will be balanced by spending an equal amount of energy below the line?  When trying to quantify the energy, do you do it purely visually, or do you calculate it?  Energy includes both time and price correct?  being $2 below balance expends more energy than 20 cents, is it ten times as much energy( linear) or exponential as you get further from balance?  Does a long bar contain more energy than a short bar, a long bar should indicate lots of volatility, ie energy wouldn't it?  I keep thinking about calculating the bending moment of a beam, where mass close to the center of mass has nearly no effect, but the effect grows exponentially as you move farther away( which is why I beams are so popular, lots of mass far from the center)

The long term corn chart which was posted in the balance thread looked like it had spent much more time, and energy under the line of balance than above it, but the spikes above were far above and contained lots of volatility.

Thank you jpartner, frytown, nodak and others for all of the selfless work you put into educating the rest of us.  It is sincerely appreciated, and I for one read every line and refer back often. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)