AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Molybdenum on Soybeans? (Hay Wilson and others)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mhagny
Posted 3/29/2015 21:34 (#4485467 - in reply to #4485385)
Subject: RE: Molybdenum on Soybeans? (Hay Wilson and others)

sugarbeet - 3/29/2015 20:00 Hay Wilson, I seen you mention Molybdenum for soybeans and alfalfa in a post down below. What's the story on Molybdenum. What's it do? I've heard the Chinese have figured it out for soybeans. Is it legal here? Heard something about moly not approved in the USA(is that correct)? Anyone know much about it? Thanks......

Molybdenum is a naturally occurring element, along with the other 91 you learned about in gradeschool.  If someone thinks they can outlaw a naturally occurring element, then they're on quite an ego trip indeed!! 

But seriously, the state of Iowa, in its infinite wisdom, has made it illegal to sell any fertilizer materials that haven't been proven to be needed in their state (again, megalomania in gov't office!), and moly is one of those.  So far as I know, it's perfectly legal in all other 49 states to trade in moly fertilizers.

If you are short of moly on legume crops, you will get a nice yield boost from applying it.  Often it takes a number of tissue samples to identify a deficiency in a locale.  Oh, and you need to be super-careful handling those tissue samples -- vinyl gloves and all that.  Or just spray some strips of moly on your legumes and see if anything happens.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)