AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

advice on 10 year old stepson needed.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Drilldo
Posted 3/28/2015 12:44 (#4482404 - in reply to #4482040)
Subject: RE: advice on 10 year old stepson needed.

Texas
truck1956 - 3/28/2015 09:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OqwKfgLaeA&feature=youtube_gdata_pl...
my wife raised our three children while i drove a truck all week and hopefully make it home for a day. On the weekend. lost the early years because of work and after that i had my own fleet of trucks that kept me working and not much time at home
I gave back to them what i Got. My mom divorced my dad and i only really got to know him the one year before he died.
Regrets. Regrets Regrets. I have many now. All the posts before mine were full of good advice...Guess my post is what not to do.
I did tell my wife constantly that one of the worse thing in a child's life is to go to bed and not have a reason to be excited about getting up the next day.
They grew up happy and knew they were loved..but i wish now i had played the father game different. Looks like i gave back what i Got.
If the link above works its the song.....cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
That song has a way of punching me hard where it hurts..
Wish i could go back and start over.Everyday i wish that and with this cancer I'm afraid there is not enough time to fix it all

Dang man I feel the same way at times. That song does hurt. I have a 11 yr old son and he is a great kid but I am always gone working. My dad was the best dad ever. He always was there doing stuff with me - Always. No matter what I was interested in he supported me and helped me and was involved. He was doing the same for my son until he passed away last year with cancer. I wish I could be the dad he was to me for my son. Last year I was home on average 5 days a month. I feel like he is missing out and I have regrets because they grow up so fast. Heck my son is playing is first baseball game of the season right now as I type this and I am away in another state.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)