AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

advice on 10 year old stepson needed.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kritzy
Posted 3/27/2015 17:26 (#4480818)
Subject: advice on 10 year old stepson needed.

red river valley se of fargo
Hello all, I have been married for 3 years to a woman with a 10 yr old son, we have a 6mo. old son together.

My stepson stays with his father every other weekend, and usually complains about his smoking, drinking, and not doing stuff with him.

In our household there is no drinking really, and I smoke but never in the house. I am fairly strict as far as him showing his mother and I respect, other than that he's got a pretty relaxed home life.

Lately he has been the most sour, pissy, attitude kid ever. He claims it's because our house is "boring". I don't really give him work to do, because I really don't have much he can handle, and he has ALOT of homework and he always gets it done.

When I was his age I always had farm work to do, but rarely any homework. If I walked around with his attitude my father would STILL be kicking my butt. Is being a cranky azz just part of ten year old boys, or do I need to be trying to do something with him or what? The whole house gets stressed when the 10 year old decides to be an A-hole, I'm running out of ideas!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)