AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm a slacker...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 3/27/2015 15:10 (#4480596 - in reply to #4480253)
Subject: RE: I'm a slacker...

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
BHTN - 3/27/2015 10:03

Five Lock Boll - 3/27/2015 09:57

I don't mean this personally toward you, but this discussion reminds me of something I heard once:
"When you go to court, your fate is in the hands of 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty."

I am personal friends with most of the judges here. They all try really hard to discourage people from "getting out" of it. They see this day in and day out and I think they have a VERY convincing argument that everyone should participate in the process. They also understand why people want to get out of it. At the same time I also realize that they are exempt. Personally I think people should serve when they can. Everyone has some time when they can serve as the judge unceremoniously explained to me. If I, as a property owner, ever faced a jury, I'd sure rather some other property owners be on that jury instead of just a bunch of tenants. :-)

The one time I got seated on the jury, there was a cop on it too. I didn't even know they could get called for jury duty. Obviously the lawyers didn't screen the group very hard.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)