AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deutz Ultima 1920 Lawn and Garden Machinery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Franz
Posted 3/26/2015 16:51 (#4478667 - in reply to #4478601)
Subject: RE: Deutz Ultima 1920 Lawn and Garden Machinery

Ohio
Stuie - 3/26/2015 17:07

Some of the later Simplicity Sunstar (same as the ultima) tractors came with the 18hp Vanguard from the factory. I think your most economical repower would be the Vanguard, you may be able to find a Kohler Command to repower with as that would also have been a factory option. If you by chance have a Simplicity dealer in your area I would stop by and ask their opinion on the repower.

P.s. I always wanted to repower a Sunstar or Ultima with a diesel, a 20 hp yanmar or Kubota would be nice in one of those old tractors. It was just too bad they have the turning radius of a 1/2 ton pick-up.

Turning radius of a truck? I have 3 Sunstars and can turn as short as a zero turn if I lock one of the brakes up. I mow a cemetery where none of the stones are inline with each other. I think you're exaggerating on the turning radius. I personally would like to stuff a liquid cooled Kawasaki out of a 445 Deere in one. Northen Tool sells a Kohler command for the Sunstars. I've got 2 with the command and can't say I want another.

Edited by Franz 3/26/2015 16:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)