AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mike Florez on corn.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buck S
Posted 3/26/2015 11:05 (#4478168 - in reply to #4478076)
Subject: RE: I won't know how to respond to that.

McLeod County, MN
Our snow will be gone in short order. Rivers and creeks are lower than they have been in years. If it continues this way most guys from me west and south will be done planting corn by May 1 (early spring will guar WAY more corn around here). If it looks wet in the east (like it does) guys around here are going to plant A LOT of corn, especially if the price is going up cause you guys cant get in the field. There was lots of beans and PP and dead spots in MN last year. Perfect to plant more corn. Especially for guys with high rent.

The last couple years producers across the corn belt have planted corn late, and made it through. If corn prices are rallying in May cause its wet guys will go into June to try and get it planted. I cant see beans rallying that much. They wont need to buy acres like corn with the burdensome world supply.

And nothing personal, but corn from Ohio to New York will not matter if Illinois and west can get planted. The putrid 8.5 million acres of corn in MN last year didnt mean a thing to the market when we struggled so I am guess you may experience some of the same.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)