AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmlogs problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

mignic
Posted 3/25/2015 22:05 (#4477423)
Subject: Farmlogs problem

Texas Panhandle
I posted this in Crop talk and got to thinking it was in the wrong place.

I've been using Farmlogs for almost a year now I think and have liked what I see...

However there was an incident that I think others would want to know about. I planted my fall wheat crop and listed it under Wheat 14. Later I found out that I needed to have it listed under the year to be harvested so I went in and made a Wheat 15 and moved the activity to that year. I later deleted the Wheat 14. I did confirm beforehand that everything was correctly moved.

The long and the short of it is my activities and inputs (dates and lbs and seed) are all gone (deleted somehow. They claim they can't retrieve any info even tho the original activity was in there for at least 4-5 months. There is also no way to export or backup any info or files at this point.

I guess to me this is huge and I would like to warn others of the possibility of losing data. As long as humans and computers are involved it WILL happen.

Would also like others to urge them to come up with an export plan and/or backup plan. They seem to be a good company and are making big strides toward a great record keeping app I think.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)