AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LASIK eye surgery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

berggrenfarms
Posted 3/25/2015 10:13 (#4475946 - in reply to #4474781)
Subject: RE: LASIK eye surgery

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

I had it done a couple of years ago and its the best money Ive ever spent, I had contacts and then ended up getting basically cysts under my eyelids from dirt and the eye doctor said the only way to correct them was to get the contact out of my eye, so it was glasses or lasik and I chose lasik without a second thought, be prepared to spend more time in the eye doctors office than youve ever spent before, I think I had the same checks done twice before I went in and then once right before the procedure. The worst part of the checks was the eye diliation, they said it would wear off after a few hours, 2 days later I could finally go outside. lol But right before they take you back they made me watch a video of all the things that " could" go wrong which felt VERY comforting (not!)lol. The worst part of the actual lasik for me was the suction went they made the flap, I wish they had doubled up on the Valium or gave it a little sooner. After that it was a couple more visits to the eye doctor and everything is fine and Ive had zero problems.

I would suggest you have it done in the winter or during a slow time, I basically took a whole week off because I wasnt taking any chances with getting dirt in my eye or anything that MIGHT happen, I figured better be safe than sorry.

I had mine done in Omaha, and cost about $2k an eye IIRC     

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)