AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

China used more cement in 3 years than the U.S. did in the entire 20th Century
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mbrach79
Posted 3/24/2015 20:22 (#4474828 - in reply to #4474371)
Subject: RE: China used more cement in 3 years than the U.S. did in the entire 20th Century

Eastern Colorado
Me and my wife went to Shanghai in 2012 to visit friends that were teaching there. I was a little apprehensive about going but it was one of the best trips I have gone. What the article talks about was one thing that stood out to me about all their buildings where being built with strictly concrete. They were tearing down old neighborhoods of run down shacks and building 20-30 stories apartment buildings in there place all over Shanghai and Beijing. I asked a tour guide when we where in Beijing about it. She said that the government wants to make their cities look prosperous so the would tear down the old buildings and build these huge apartment buildings thinking the people would move into them. The problem was the people from the old buildings couldn't afford to live in the new apartments. So family is of 4-5 would move in to help pay. Now we are talking about paying 200-500 a month rent.

I watched a news piece about a city in China was built with the hopes of moving 2-5 million people into the cite from rural areas. But the city sits empty because the people can't aford to live in these buildings. One city of 2-5 million sitting there with no one in it!! Think about that?!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)