AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jon, I have a question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

190xt
Posted 3/23/2015 16:24 (#4472129 - in reply to #4472059)
Subject: RE: ah yes..

Southern Indiana
NWNODAK - 3/23/2015 15:38

JonSCKs - 3/23/2015 13:52

Yal I'm with ya now..

Well..

Disclosure.. Yes I'm advocating that everyone LIGHTEN UP on the beanies.. cause some of us.. "gulp" really don't have a choice.. in my view.

It seems like the further bean prices fell.. the more acres they bought as guys.. well heck with this.. Just throw I the towel and go CHEAP on inputs which is no/low fertility and Beans..

I'm Disclosing that I'm now on plan.. B.. no.. C.. no.. D.. at least.. maybe even E.

As far as this droughty thingy goes.. We've SEEN THIS Movie before.. Got the T-Shirt etc..  Do I want to go 100% Corn on Corn and RISK EVERYTHING on THAT WEEK that it pollinates.. in 2011.. it was 110 THAT WEEK!!  There were some pivots that did like 240 the year before that did less then 80!!  80 Bu Irrigated Corn after going through THAT!!!

So... NO... I just Don't Think I want to risk that... I've checked into Sorghum.. and we've got a base.. but no proven yields in the past 10 years so I would get assigned like 60% of a T yield.. "well that sucks.."   For the same Costs.. and can buy TWICE the Coverage on beans.. and even though I don't really want to.. I can't afford to put all my eggs in one basket.. screw up my rotations etc..

So.. Even though I don't want to.. It's looking like Beans here.. WHILE EVERYONE ELSE is looking at beanies also..  Some here are gonna "Corn UP" so it varies.. but..

I just can't take the risks.. and I'm disclosing that.. just to keep everything on the up..

I really BELIEVE that the corn market is gonna go first.. Other than the Bears have HAMMERED the Beanies down so hard.. that just coming off the lows will provide a pop.. AND.. If we DO have the drought.. that my guy says is "gonna get worse later in the summer.."  Or that's how it looked a couple of months ago.. ???

So we're gonna get pretty darn defensive.. pull the populations down.. spread the acres across multiple crops so that we're not pushing the wells too hard at once.. spread it out.. etc.

So all THAT being said.. I believe there is OPPORTUNITY for the Core Cornbelt guys to GO BACK TO CORN.. I would if I was Ya'll and I'd Join ya if I could.. I just can't this year..

I believe the Northern Plains.. Nebraska.. Dakota's.. NW Iowa maybe.. not sure if the land of 10,000 lakes can ever dry out that much..??? but I think it's gonna be a tough year for everyone else up there.. Illinois across through E CB might be okay.. It's what I would do If I farmed over there..

Anyway just to disclose...  "JonSCKs is telling everyone else to plant corn..while he plants beans.."

well.. sorta true... but it's too many bean acres.

Hopefully cleared

that up.

Does it make you feel better to keep harping that nd sd mn nwia are gonna be in a drought. As of now you are in worse shape than we are. We are actually too wet last fall when we froze up. Just by saying sometjing over and over doesnt mean its gonna happen. Your area is probly gonna burn before we do. After all you are pretty much trying to farm in a desert compared to us. My weather guy says your weather guy sucks

Someone's a little butt hurt.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)