AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

air fryer or oil free fryer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chimel
Posted 3/18/2015 07:55 (#4461062 - in reply to #4458656)
Subject: RE: air fryer or oil free fryer

Well you are out of luck if you wanted to save time because apparently, a portion for two takes 25 minutes to bake in the Actifry from frozen oven fries. It can probably be faster if you bake them from home-prepared potatoes, cold (because they need to be firm), but not frozen.

I like the idea of roasting them in hot air like popcorn with just a tablespoon of oil, but the fryer seems to be all plastic so it's a no go for me. I eat fries so rarely that deep-frying is not a big problem. I prefer chunky pan or oven fried potatoes anyway, skins on even better. I just pan-fried some for lunch, this talk of fried potatoes made me hungry.

Deep-frying is really the best if you want to cook large family batches, as you can parboil or pre-fry the fries in advance, so it takes only 2 or 3 minutes to fry and color before serving. You can serve a small portion to everybody while another second portion is frying. You should be fine if it's a once a week thing.

By the way, I suppose that if you use frozen oven fries, you should use no oil at all in the Actifry, there's more than enough in the frozen fries already. Since frozen oven fries taste like cardboard in the oven, I don't imagine they would taste much better in the Actifry, better use real potatoes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)