AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reinstalling LifeProof fre case
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/13/2015 07:59 (#4450532 - in reply to #4448749)
Subject: RE: Reinstalling LifeProof fre case

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
RockyMtnKng - 3/12/2015 10:48

The o ring should not come out of the back cover. None of mine ever have. Maybe that is the cause of your cover popping back open.

Mine popped out and I had difficulty getting it to stay in the back as it wanted to roll back out. The instructions indicate that it can be removed and cleaned if necessary.

I put it in the front and think I got it in place. I may try to have the Verizon gal who I bought it through install it again.

In the meantime the $10 Spigen case arrived from Amazon and I'm using it. I'm happy enough with it and wish I hadn't purchased the LifeProof case but since I have it I might as well try to get it reinstalled.

By the way, removing the case did not change my Bluetooth situation that I have mentioned with my 2014 Silverado that I bought in December. My situation is that the bluetooth connection is successful as far as connecting to the iPhone for music but not always for the talk function of the phone. About half the time it works properly. The other times, bluetooth is indicated on the dash but the signal strength and battery status are not shown. When this happens I'm not able to talk on the phone through the vehicle or even directly but the music is fine. If I want to use the phone, I need to shut off bluetooth. This same phone works properly in my Ford Edge.

According to the salesmen, the Silverado only attempts to initiate the bluetooth connection after the driver door is opened and then closed and the key turned on. I believe this may be true because if I shut off bluetooth on the phone while in the truck, I obviously lose the bluetooth connection and indications on the dash. If I turn bluetooth back on in the truck without opening the door and restarting, the connection is never completed. If I stop, shut off the engine, open and close the door and restart the engine, the connection process is apparently initiated and is either partially or completely successful.

My latest theory is that if I start the truck in an area where the signal strength is very low, that the system behaves in the no talk mode and never comes out of it even when the signal strength improves. I'm thinking that if I start the truck in an area where the signal strength is better than everything is fine. I have this sinking feeling that I may have to live with this situation.

Yesterday I was in town to the dentist and thought I'd swing by the dealership but of course yesterday it worked just fine.

Edited by tedbear 3/13/2015 09:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)