AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Scanning with Canon MG3122
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/6/2015 08:43 (#4435245)
Subject: Scanning with Canon MG3122

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have a Canon MG3122 printer/scanner/copier in my home office. It uses Wi-Fi and there is no connection to the printer other than the 110V power input. The old computer is physically plugged into my router. The new computer communicates with the router via Wi-Fi.

The printer portion works fine with either computer and an iPad/iPhone although the output is not centered from the iDevices. The copier portion seems to work fine.

I know I have scanned with this device in the past but have not had the need for some time. In the last week, I've had two occasions where I wanted to use the scanner. As I recall a file is created on the computer which can then be manipulated in the usual ways (attachments to email, printed etc.). When I try pushing the scan button, the display toggles through "E", "3" and "1". I assumes this is telling me that Error 31 has occurred.

A quirk has worked into the system which may or may not have a bearing on this situation. Last year I needed to print on legal sized 17" paper. I wasn't sure if this was possible with my equipment/software. I have Word on the old computer and I was able to set it up for 17" paper which worked fine.

After this I set Word back to 11" paper and the printing seemed to work as before. From that point forward, I get a Canon error message on the newer Win 8 computer that there is a communication problem and it can not print. After a few seconds, the printer takes off and prints the document.

I have downloaded a new version of the printer firmware on the old computer, maybe I need to do the same on the newer one?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)