AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

storing digital pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/28/2015 13:02 (#4420761 - in reply to #4420545)
Subject: RE: storing digital pictures

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I do about the same thing. If the pictures were taken with my digital camera, I physically remove the camera card and put int in a USB card reader or adapter. If the pictures were taken with my iPhone, I physically plug the phone into a USB port on the computer with a USB to Lightning cable.

I create folders that are named with the item and the year. For example, the latest pictures are in a folder named "Winter Trip 2015". I usually back these up on the external hard drive as well. I prefer to use file manager and control the picture movement myself rather than using some automatic procedure.

Speaking of pictures on the iPhone. I ran across a photo enhancing app today for iPhone that was interesting. It allowed various types of manipulations, filters etc. One of its features is to allow you to put canned quotes on your pictures or selfies. You can type in your own messages as well. They also had clever items and shapes you could drop on your pictures. The app was free but to use some of the fancier features you needed to redeem "points". These points could be earned several ways. One way was to pay for them, there were other ways you could earn them for free such as giving a good review, liking them on Facebook etc. This is probably why they earned a 5 star rating.

The app is has some interesting features but I'm not sure how much I'll use it. The extra points can be purchased for $ .99, $1.99 or $2.99. I'm not sure if you buy a fancy feature with points if it is a one use deal or you have the feature in the future. I would hope that by buying it once that you would have the option to continue to use the feature. The app is called Text Camera.

Below are a couple of modified pictures. These were done with the basic free features. The first is a picture out of my office with the location/date stamped on it by the App. The second is a picture of the floor with one of the canned quotes from the App. Most of the quotes are quite "cheesy" in my opinion but others are pretty clever.

The other day a poster asked about time stamping right on the picture with an iPhone as can be done with stand alone digital cameras. This app would allow this as date/location can be shown and the picture is taken within the app itself. It appears that the feature needs to be turned On for each picture. Maybe if you use some points and buy the feature it can stay On for all your future pictures.

Edited by tedbear 3/1/2015 07:59

(IMG_0693[1].JPG)

(IMG_0695[1].JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0693[1].JPG (94KB - 130 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0695[1].JPG (113KB - 144 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)