AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thank you John Burns, CFDR, Old McDonald,Boone & Crockett and everyone else
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldMcdonald
Posted 2/26/2015 07:27 (#4414861 - in reply to #4412984)
Subject: RE: Thank you John Burns, CFDR, Old McDonald,Boone & Crockett and everyone else

Napanee, Ontario
Don't forget yourself Von ;)

I'm with ya on these discussions. I don't have anyone in my friends circle that I can discuss this kind of material with... it isn't really the greatest conversation fodder for beers and the game, and on the occasion or two it did kind of come up, the 1000 yard stare washes over pretty fast.

For most people, the interest just isn't there, and I completely understand that. In fact, people should hav't to have to follow and learn this stuff- the avg. banker don't understand how to grow a crop of corn or finish a pen of steers - they trust that to the farmer. Why should the farmer have to read through central banking publications, economist journals, ect? As John has indicated for him, it was the 2008 crises for me - the trust was gone. 2008 showed some of us, that if you give these guys any rope, they'll burn the house down around you. And the concerning part is that not only do they have as much rope as they want, they have the keys to the rope factory.

So it's nice to find others out there who share the same concerns and discuss what we're finding looking over these guys' shoulders.

Edited by OldMcdonald 2/26/2015 07:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)